Monday, February 11, 2013

The Science of Consequences on NPR! - and Book Touring Update

I'm just back from book touring in Texas and Kansas, where I had a wonderful time giving talks, doing book signings, teaching classes, and chatting about the book.  At the Art and Science of Animal Training conference at the University of North Texas, speakers covered a wide variety of applications of positive reinforcement methods for animals (see my previous blog post "Positive Reinforcement Frontiers with Zoo Animals"--link).  The audience of 200 for my keynote address was my largest yet!  The University of Kansas in Lawrence is my PhD alma mater, so being there felt like going home (and I enjoyed a large turnout there too).  Most of those in the audience are working on human applications such as early childhood education, management, choice, sustainability, community violence prevention, autism, addiction, and general health psychology.  Throughout, I met old and new friends who are excited about this science.

One of the many highlights of the trip was being interviewed on Central Standard, a live radio program from KCUR, Kansas City's National Public Radio affiliate.  If you'd like to listen, here's the link (go to February 7).  You can also download the program.  The segment about the book is first, and lasts 30 minutes.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment